This Disgusting WeekPosted: February 12, 2012
A quick review of the disgusting and disappointing things I have posted about this week. There are certainly many more awful things out there than I have time to cover, so keep in mind that you should continue to be dismayed and disheartened even if you can wrap your head and heart around these things.
Rick “Dick” Santorum–Thanks to his big showing this week in Colorado, Minnesota, and Missouri, as well as the myriad ridiculous and hateful things he is wont to say, this was a big week for Dick.
- Santorum’s job application. On Thursday Rick told a bunch of like minded Oklahomans that fracking is just the new boogeyman of the left–don’t worry, frack happy!
- Rick Santorum on the repeal of Prop. Eight. After Tuesday’s ruling by the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals that Prop. Eight was unconstitutional, Santorum weighed in–as convoluted and ridiculous as you would expect.
- And then, of course, there were the results from Tuesday’s primaries: 138,957 Missourians love Santorum, 21,932 Minnesotans love Santorum, and 26,614 Coloradans love Santorum.
President Barrack Obama–I caucused for Obama in 2008 and this year, and voted for him then and plan to do so again this coming November. That doesn’t mean that he doesn’t at times disappoint and/or disgust me.
- President’s Pandering Playlist. Sugarland and Montgomery Gentry? I call shenanigans.
- Obama bends and shifts, weaves and turns. I was proud of the President when he required all institutions regardless of their religious affiliation to offer contraceptive coverage to their employees. Less so when he “accommodated” the ones that bitched and moaned the loudest.
Callista Louise Gingrich, née Bisek–I don’t have any problems with this lady that I can think of. Actually, she and I have a lot in common. We both come from Wisconsin, graduated from solid liberal arts colleges in Iowa, and spent time working on the Hill. (I interned the summer after I graduated high school.) My experiences in DC did not extend to bedding my much older Republican boss, however. I mean, Freddy Upton is a pretty nice guy and all, but…
- The ‘Callista’. Say what you will about her morals, that lady can work some magic with the hairspray.
GPS–When the DailyDisgust family went to Boston for a wedding this past July, GPS and Yelp made sure we never got lost and we never had a less than stellar meal. Sadly, my brain was likely shrinking due to GPS while my waistline was growing thanks to Yelp.
- GPS is shrinking our brains. Just look at a stinking map every now and again, darnit!
Congressional insider trading–I guess I could have shut the blog down and walked away happy after this one.
- DailyDisgust claims its first success. The House passed a bill banning insider trading on the part of its members. Still a long way to go on this one, but certainly a move in the right direction.