This Disgusting Week, vol. 7Posted: March 25, 2012
A quick review of the disgusting and disappointing things I have posted about this week. There are certainly many more awful things out there than I have time to cover, so keep in mind that you should continue to be dismayed and disheartened even if you can wrap your head and heart around these things.
- This was a blast from the disgusting past hearkening back to the days when Coraville forced Dolls out of business rather than allowing them to relocate.
- A reflection on the hassles and headaches brought on by the early spring here in Iowa.
- Not content to merely steal Von Maur, the IRC developer has begun approaching longtime downtown Iowa City businesses. I included an update on the lawsuit brought by local businesspeople seeking to stop the multi-million dollar giveaway to private business that Coralville is hoping to complete. A ruling in this case is expect this week, so check back for more.
- Frat boy humor rap in the form of Lonely Island et. al is well overdone at this point. Presidential candidate mash up rap, now this is an area ripe for development.
- It wasn’t til the middle of this week that I realized that the Press Citizen had declined to print the controversial Doonesbury strips from the week before. Really, Press Citizen?
- Very cool to see the President and Mrs. Obama using ASL.
- Willard M. Romney takes advantage of a photo op (in 2008) with a group of African Americans to break into “Who Let the Dogs Out.” There could be a context wherein this wouldn’t be construed as offensive, but I’m having a hard time imagining one.
- The good times, it seems, really are over for good.
- The Obamaville ad. Depressing, disheartening, and distasteful.